The Wooly Nest

The Wooly Nest

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Here we go again - it's Wednesday already.  I can't believe how fast the weeks are going.  This morning my sister was talking to me about a wedding shower for our future DIL.  So between the 3 of us the earliest date is the end of June - how crazy is that.  Life sure can get busy can't it.  The wedding ceremony will be held here at our home lakeside the middle of July - which means 3 months.  There was just a slight nudge of panic that set in this morning - one of many I'm sure.

Thank you for all your orders last week.  Everything shipped out on Monday - priority mail so many of you may even see it today.  I normally try to ship in 1-2 days - but this last grouping I put 1-3 days as I was under the weather last week.  Both the hubs and I are feeling better but not 100% yet - but moving in the right direction - I guess that's all you can ask.

This week it's a little quieter on the website.  I've listed a couple of quilt kits from my friend that come packaged in darling little wooden boxes.  First up is a quilt called Pure Joy and made up in Kansas Troubles Fabrics.  The border is a black
It comes packaged in this cute little wooden box
Next up is Brick Wall of Wabash County by Sew Unique Creations
also comes boxed up in this cute little wooden box

Otherwise that's all that's new on my end - other than shipping it's been a bit quiet on the sewing front - which I hope to change tomorrow and get into the nest and start something.  I did finish up my 3 blocks for my monthly challenge that I'm doing with a couple of friends - Anne - Cottons/Wool and No Blog Sandy. This is a From My Heart to Your Hands pattern called Fit to Frame #6 Here are mine from this months challenge
and these were from last month -


Head on over to Anne's blog and check out their blocks.  I'm doing mine in a mixture of cottons and wools on cotton backgrounds.  They are doing theirs all in wool and on cotton backgrounds - fun to see how different they can look.  So for me a little wool and a little needle turn applique - my favorite mix?  Maybe I should consider kitting these up - any interest.

Hope your all enjoying some needle and thread time.  It's good for the soul.  See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment