The Wooly Nest

The Wooly Nest

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

It's Wednesday And An Upcoming Workshop

So it must be time for a blog posting here at the Wooly Nest.  WOW again thank you for all of your orders on the great clean-out in the nest.  I'm thankful for all of them and I hope your putting those goodies to good use.  I spent a good portion of the last few days trying to reorganize the space - not there yet but getting close.  Then I can start adding the pretties and fun accents to make the nest look like the vision in my head.  Also I've had a few of you email me about the quilt in my blog header under the bunny.  That's a quilt I made many moons ago and I so wish I knew the pattern or the designer name but I don't - just to long ago.  Dang I even handquilted that baby - now you know it was a long time ago lol.  But here's a close up of it


Today I want to talk to you about an upcoming workshop in May with Gail Pan here at the nest.  For those of you who are new to her - Gail is a wonderfully sweet and warm quilter from way across the pond in Australia.   I met Gail several markets ago and loved her sweet whimsical designs.  She loves stitchery and applique - a girl after my own heart.  Last spring at quilt market in Pittsburgh we were chatting and I thought how fun it would be to have her come to the nest to teach when she comes to Minneapolis for quilt market this spring.  So we brain stormed a bit about that and she marked me down.  Hard to believe that was almost a year ago.  Soooooo are you interested in the details?  I thought you might be.  The date of the workshop is May 19th and it will be held here at the nest in the early evening.  The project is this adorable sweet little bag
What I love about this bag is that she will be able to teach you stitchery and applique along with all of her tips and tricks that she uses when she's stitching.  I love taking classes because everyone has their own way of doing things when sewing.  I always come away with something that's new to me.  Your time in class will be strictly for stitching on the little center part of the bag.  You will finish the rest at home and if you don't need a bag - stitch it into a pillow or frame it.  The finished piece that does not include the handles is 12 x 12.  Also after a little class time Gail has graciously offered to do a little trunk show of her new things from market and she will have patterns to purchase if your interested.  I just love trunk shows - always so inspiring.  Plus I might have a few things new from market as well - you just never know lol.

The plan for the workshop and show and tell is going to be 6-9.  But we will be open starting at 5 so you can come in, look around , enjoy appetizers and dessert before the workshop and meet Gail - this will be only for those attending the workshop.  Because I'm keeping this at the nest, space will be limited and you will need to register and prepay for the evening.  The cost of the evening is 40.00 which includes your workshop fee, kit and supplies for the applique stitchery part, trunk show with Gail, appetizers, dessert, beverage and a little thank you giftie from me.  If your interested in this please email me at kaboperry@hotmail.com and we can get you set-up. 

Head over to Gail's blog and learn a little bit more about her.  She's such a sweetheart of a lady, funny and so much fun to listen to - geeee do you think she thinks I have an accent lol - I bet she does.  I can tell you that you will have an fun and inspiring time and it will be a great way to spend an spring evening.

Nothing new on etsy this week to share with you all.  I will be away from my computer for a few days so I will save the fabric and wool destash sale for the next blog posting Wednesday April 1st and I can tell you it won't be a joke on you lol.  Sorry couldn't resist.  But there will be a great deal on wool fat eighths and fat quarters in fabric as I clean out that last corner.

Have an awesome week and I hope it involves some needle and thread time just for you.

In Stitches - Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment